I’ve been really feeling the blogging love lately – lots of blogger awards! Sorry I’ve been so lazy about passing them on, but I’m finally doing it. First, the awards.
Kelly at Ahmisa Mama gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. Kelly and I have been taking writing classes together and she is an amazing writer. Seriously, a-maz-ing. Her writing in class always makes me jealous. I also got the Versatile Blogger Award from Samantha at CandyBottoms, a snarky chick who tells it like it is. And finally, I got the 7 x 7 Award from mommy said a swear word, who I love. Just, love.
Thank you so much ladies!!
Thank the person that nominated me for the award with a backlink to them.
List 7 things about myself.
Award 15 newly discovered blogs with the award and notify them of the award.
1. I’m a sci-fi/fantasy geek. I love Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and I was obsessed with the show Lost. Seriously, obsessed. If you know about how obsessed people got with that show, you’ll understand. My friends and I used to have Lost parties where we’d get together and watch it and then debate about it. And drink wine. Actually, now that I think about it, the wine was really the most important part. Feeling slightly cooler again.
2. I was in a sorority in college. I don’t think anyone I went to high school with would have expected that, and most people who know me now probably wouldn’t have guessed that. But there you go. I did it and I actually loved it. Theta for life!
3. I had a dachshund growing up. Friskers. She was annoying as hell but also super cute.
4. Speaking of pets, I had about 100 hamsters as a kid. I bred them and did science experiments with them and it was pretty much awesome. Coolness factor back down.
5. I really don’t like being cold. I used to ski, but I can’t even do it anymore because I hate having cold feet and cold hands and cold face and, well, you get the point. The bitter cold winters are one thing that I definitely do NOT miss about Chicago. Especially when we have days like this in January here in Denver.
6. I have always loved taking pictures. Starting as a small child (and continuing until now) I was always been the one taking pictures at parties, camp, school, everywhere. Which means that I have boxes and boxes of photos in the house. I love it! There’s nothing quite like getting out the box of old pictures and looking through them and being transported back to those times that you never really think of anymore.
7. I have one sibling: an older sister who I pretty much idolized when I was younger. She’s almost five years older than me so I’d always be following her around and trying to play with her and her friends and she’s always just be super-annoyed with me. It makes me want to have another baby sooner rather than later. And it also makes me almost positive that I do, in fact, want another baby. I can’t imagine life without a sibling.
Most Popular- A dog’s bucket list; or, dogs shouldn’t die (this is actually the second-most popular, but the most popular was a surprise success, see below)
Most Controversial- Do babies need love or a “Baby Einstein” video? Or both? Or neither? OR Let’s be honest: not all parenting choices are “just as good” (I tend to stay away from controversial so this is the best I’ve got)
Most Helpful- Cloth Diapers (I think it’s helpful, anyway)
Surprise Success- “You blogged about what?!”; or, How do you draw the line? (this was my post that got Freshly Pressed, so it went crazy)
Most Beautiful- The moment she was born (maybe I just think it’s beautiful because it was such a beautiful moment for me)
Most Underrated- Finding Out (no one else seemed to like this one…)
Most Pride-worthy- Mother Anger – In the Beginning (I’m proud of myself for being willing to talk about this!)
And now, the best part: I get to pass on the awards! I’m going to try to give these awards to new bloggers, or at least, bloggers that I didn’t give awards to last time. Those ladies are still awesome and you should definitely check them out, but I want to spread the love. So here you go:
Welcome to the Motherhood – we have a lot in common and she seems pretty awesome; I just started reading her blog and I’m so glad I found it!
Swaddled With Joy – Christie and I used to work together and I just discovered her blog – she’s funny and poignant at the same time, which is a stellar combination. Look out for a guest post** from her in the next few weeks!
These Broken Vases – Ellen is another woman from my writing classes – she’s pretty much amazing: she has a daughter with Down Syndrome and also adopted a daughter from Ukraine who has Cerebral Palsy. Her writing is beautiful and honest and, sometimes, heartbreaking.
mamawolfe – Jennifer is a long-time reader (and frequent commenter – thank you very much!) of my blog, so it’s about time I gave her a shout-out!
I’d Rather Sit on the Couch – Laura is about to have a baby and I can’t wait to follow her journey into motherhood – get ready for the craziness!
So there you have it – the blogging love has officially been spread!
** I’m about to get super busy studying for the bar exam (which is in less than four weeks, holy shit, kill me now) so I’ll probably be posting a bit less. I have a couple guest bloggers lined up, which I’m really excited about. If you’re interested in doing a guest post as well, let me know! Once the craziness settles down, I’d love to return the favor and do a guest post for you!