I just got my very first blogging award from mommysaidaswearword and I’m so excited! These little blogging awards float around the internet sort of like chain letters, but there’s no creepy pyramid scheme and they help share the blogging love. So I’m down with it. And hey, I feel all official now, so that’s awesome. Go me!
EDIT: I also just got another blog award from susanwritesprecise. Oh my goodness, I’m feeling the love people! So consider this my post for both of these awards (the requirements are the same for each).
To get the award I have to share seven secrets about myself and then pass on the award to fifteen bloggers I love. So here goes!
1. Everything in my house has a place where it belongs and I get irritated/twitchy if things get put in the wrong place. And by “place” I don’t mean a room or general area, I mean an exact spot where each item belongs. When David or the maid puts things back in the wrong place I absolutely must move it back to where it belongs. I know, my life is so hard.
2. I’ve read every Dan Brown book and I kind of hate myself for it. They’re terribly written, incredibly predictable and not even that entertaining. And yet I keep reading them. Every. single. one. What’s wrong with me? I have no explanation. I plead pure escapism. Sometimes you need it. (Just to be clear, I usually read actual literature. Right now I’m reading through all the Pulitzers, along with other books that I read for fun. Please don’t judge me.)
3. I love to peel labels off things. Except when it’s the wrong kind of label. You know what I mean – when it doesn’t come off cleanly and you get that white under-label stuff stuck to your book or whatever. Why do they do that? I’m assuming the wrong kind of label is cheaper, but honestly, I’m willing to pay more to get the right kind of label.
4. I learned how to drive on a stick shift car. My dad took me to a parking lot by our house and made me drive uphill. I couldn’t get it in first and kept stalling, but he made me keep trying and I was freaking out. Thanks dad. Of course, I finally got it and loved it. I drive an automatic now, but I still often find myself with my hand on the gear shift while I’m driving.
5. I compulsively pick at the skin around my nails. It’s a really, really disgusting habit but I just can’t stop. It just feels so incredibly satisfying to get a good chunk of dead skin and peel it off. Wow, that sounds super gross when it’s put down in writing. Sorry folks.
6. I have essentially eaten the same thing for breakfast for decades: peanut butter toast. Sometimes I’ll change it up and have some kind of cereal every morning for a few months. But I always come back to my toast. I’m starting to sound a little bit OCD here…
7. I gave myself two tattoos when I was fourteen. My friend was diabetic so we used some of her syringes and india ink and gave ourselves tattoos. For whatever reason, I thought that it would just be under the first layer or so of skin and it wouldn’t last forever. I was fourteen and obviously an idiot. They’re still here. I’ve gotten two more professionally done and I’m hoping to get another one soon. The professional ones are, shockingly, much better.
So that’s me in a nutshell! And here are the bloggers that I’m passing the award on to:
Life, Love & Baby
Naked Mommy Diaries
Erstwhile Dancefloor Revolution
changed by change
Older Nawt Wiser
The Polka Dot Palace
The Caffeine Blogger
The Girlfriend Mom
happiness is real when shared
Yay! Enjoy these awesome blogs! (Yes, I realize this isn’t 15. Give me a break. I’m going for quality, not quantity here.)